at work for you
- No use of hormones during the production process of the YY-males
- No use of hormones in your production process
- Easy to use: stock your broodstock as usually - Works ALWAYS in your farm: always > 95% males
- No risk of hormones in consumption fish
- No daily contact with hormones
- No environmental harm
- No ecological impact
(masculinisation of females (these phenotypically males are genetically still XX-female!) --> natural environment (restocking or escapees) --> production of only females in the natural environment)
- No decrease in fish resistance: testosterone weakens the fish defense system (Harris_and_Bird, 2000). The immune system isn't build up during the first weeks of fish life. Especially the protection by the skin (mucus) is lost giving parasites free access.
Til-Aqua Silver (Oreochromis niloticus) broodstock for the production of Wildtype Nile Tilapia. Ideal for bigger market size fish or filleting.
Highly reproductive with a male ratio of > 99%!
Grow easily up-to one kilo with a fillet percentage of 33-35%.
Also our YY-males with females of other strains, like the Kenyan local strain and a GIFT strain, give excellent results: male-ratio up-to 96%!
Til-Aqua Red broodstock (Oreochromis niloticus) for the production of very nice looking consumption fish. Ideal for sale as whole fish of 350 - 500 gram.
Highly reproductive with a male ratio of > 96%.
Grow easily up-to 500 gram for sale as whole fish.
Also excellent growth under SALT-water culture!